Melly's Reviews > dancergirl

dancergirl by Carol M. Tanzman

Nov 22, 11

bookshelves: arcs-and-galleys, spooky-suspense, young-adult
Read from November 17 to 21, 2011

I knew when I read the synopsis of DANCERGIRL that it was going to be a little creepy. “A little creepy” is definitely an understatement, it freaked me out! While I was reading, I was torn between wanting to dance and run and hide.

Dancing is Alicia’s passion, her dream, her life, until a friend films her dancing and posts the video online. At first the attention she receives is flattering, but then things go a little too far. Suddenly everyone knows about dancergirl and there’s no escaping it. Ali constantly feels like she’s being watched. Through several scary instances, she finds out that someone is stalking her. But who is it? She turns to her best friend Jacy for help, but he’s acting different and she doesn’t know why. Now everyone she sees is a potential suspect.

I enjoyed reading this book, even though it scared me. This could and probably has happened which makes if even scarier. I was house sitting (alone) when I read this book, which wasn’t exactly the best idea on my part. Every noise I heard was “the stalker”. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read dancergirl.

11/21/2011