Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)'s Reviews > The Raie'Chaelia

Dec 01, 11

bookshelves: reviewed
Recommended to Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) by: Read and Reap
Read from November 24 to 29, 2011

This was an interesting read. The story was rich in imagination and colorful with descriptions. Personally, I enjoyed the first half of the book more which was filled with an adventurous journey. The second half of the book got bogged down with lengthy explainations of history which should add to the story, but I found myself wanting to skip over long paragraphs of back information not necessary to this first book in the series. Still, I enjoyed the read and hope for a little more romance in the next book.

Added Review:
There was so much world building that the book was hard to stay focused on. Along with the world building, there was a lot of terminology to learn almost like a foreign language. Then to add to that a lot of the names were different as well. I think all of these elements make a very interesting fantasy read, but for me it was hard to get into. I think if I’d had time to patiently read the book, I might have enjoyed those elements more. But I was searching for more romance and action. There was some action and not much romance, which for some stories I’m fine with. But for this one, I was really looking forward to it.

But I feel that I did like the story and would read the next one so I consider this book a 3.5 and I’ve rounded up because I think this has great potential.

For those readers who love fantasy and are not into a lot of romance, this is the book for you.

I would totally recommend to YA fantasy novel readers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Raie'Chaelia.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) Yes, of course I would love to read. Let me know and I will glady add to my TBR list. Thanks. :)