Karen Harding's Reviews > The Walking Dead, Vol. 01: Days Gone Bye

The Walking Dead, Vol. 01 by Robert Kirkman

Nov 16, 11

Recommended to Karen by: I saw the show first, then discovered the graphic novel for myself
Recommended for: Zombie fans
Read from November 13 to 16, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I really loved this book. I am a huge fan of the telly show 'The Walking Dead' and this graphic novel just set in my mind what a great job the casting directors did on getting the characters right from the get-go. There are a few differences between this and the show as you might expect - some characters you see walking and talking in the show actually died pretty early on in the GN version, however I think they did it justice. For reading the novel after seeing the show, I already had their backstories in my head, but they go into enough detail in the GN for any non-show fan to get the same experience. The artwork is really good fun, with some of the zombies sporting very sargastic gappy-toothed, one eyeballed grins for the reader to enjoy.

I'll definitely be looking out for the next installment in this series the next time I hit up the bookstore - check this one out folks, it's worth the time away from the telly to go on a zombie-butt-kicking adventure with Rick Grimes and the Walking Dead crew.

Loved it! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Walking Dead, Vol. 01.