Donna (BLHmistress)'s Reviews > Blood of Anteros

Blood of Anteros by Georgia Cates

Dec 28, 11

bookshelves: to-read
Read in December, 2011

As many know I am a huge lover of vampires and I am always looking for new author's to read, I signed up to give this book a try.

Curry is very angry and eager to part from his maker, he hates her and everything about the vampire world, til one day he steps out intending to end his miserable exsistance. Then unexpectedly his bond is broken and he runs away back to his home that he lived in 161 years ago.

Where he meets a woman he is drawn to for the first time in vampire life, Chansey, the granddaughter of the family he rents a room off of.

What I liked about this book was the unique twist on the vampire lore. Though the vampires are and can be turned their mates are chosen by a God. And the vampire has the option for their mate to either be turned or just enjoy their time together, while he would remain immortal the mate has an option.

What also is different this book is more about romance than smex, which I have to say is much different than I have been reading as of late and is a refreshing change of pace.

I can honestly say I enjoyed this book, though I was wondering or maybe expecting to see Marsala again but when we didn't I was a bit disappointed. I really wanted to see how she would actually react to Chansey But I guess we will be seeing that in future books, I sure hope so.

This book was a nice debut for this author and I would like to see where she takes this series.

Actually rated this book a 3 and half.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood of Anteros.