Michela Walters's Reviews > Fixing Delilah

Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler

Feb 17, 15

bookshelves: death-or-dying, young-adult, good-read-recommend, favorite-authors
Read from November 16 to 30, 2011

I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. Gee, it seems I put that in to almost all of my reviews these days. LOL

I really loved Patrick, although their fight at the end of the book, seemed a bit forced, but then again, teenagers aren't rational most of the time, so perhaps I'm basing this on my adult perspective. The end was left gaping open for a sequel, and I sort of hope she writes one, cause Patrick really is pretty swoon-worthy.

Good page turner - not a super heavy book, so light fodder for late night or beach reading.

Xo
M.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fixing Delilah.

11/26/2011 page 87
27.0% "I'm enjoying this so far. The prose is a little flowery at times, that seem a bit distracting, but I am interested in the characters and their lives already, which bodes well if they can continue to keep my interest."
11/27/2011 page 135
42.0% "Gotta say, I kind of have a crush on Patrick myself. The family dynamics of this story are kind of heartbreaking (which I suppose is the point) - Anyhow, I'm enjoying this book more than I expected."
11/28/2011 page 167
52.0% "Good lord I'm in love with Patrick. Their little 4th of July moment under the willow tree. Just swoony."
11/29/2011 page 215
67.0% "Oy, I have a feeling that Delilah is going to do a magical disappearing act on Patrick at some point. She keeps freaking herself out about the relationship... I see foreshadowing. LOL Still enjoying it though."