Baba ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter's Reviews > Scoring Lacey

Scoring Lacey by Jenna Howard

“Sometimes the best friendships turn into something more…an everlasting love.”
- Author unknown -

Lacey Magerin's life is seriously messed up. After her husband cheated on her, she kicked him out of her life. Her husband replaced her by a twenty-two year old “lollipop”. Lacey’s fifteen-year-old daughter Carmen is very mad and blames her for the divorce. On top of that, star hockey goalie Shayne Donnelly comes home for the summer break. She sees him at a charity fundraiser. The NHL goalie is her brother’s best friend, and Shayne is ten years younger than Lacey. Sparks are beginning to fly and they're having a hot affair. But what will she do when Shayne has to leave again for training and pre-season? He has to go to Houston and she will stay in Granville…

Lacey’s known Shayne since he was four. She had driven him and her brother Todd to hockey practice when they were kids. She had even babysat him a couple of times, and she had taught him and Todd how to drink when they turned nineteen. And none of those facts was helping drive the prurient thoughts from his brain. Yeah, Lacey couldn’t believe that Shayne was looking at her boobs; and she never used to notice that he was sexy. Up to that point, that is. I quote Lacey: “HOLY. HELL. God, she loved hockey.” This was quite an eye-opener! Shayne's all grown up; a sinfully delicious specimen of manhood.

Shayne’s got so much of her heart it scares her. How did this happen? The age difference doesn’t matter. Sometimes he seems even older than her. Shayne talks to Carmen and he understands her so well. He gets her pain from the divorce because his mom left and he knows all about raging pain and disappointment from his father.

The author did a fine job by outlining Carmen’s character. This beautiful teenager is so full of anger, and boy, did she lash out against her mother! They had difficulties to cope and to settle their arguments. I think it’s particularly difficult to explain to your daughter why you fall out of love. I loved the whole family dynamics; I felt comfortable with all those characters. That was really well done too.

Throughout the storyline there is plenty of smokin’ HOT sex, but there was also emotional depth – enough to really draw me into the plot. The author was able to make the characters seem real to me; they were well defined. It was nice to see how Shayne came into Lacey’s life, swept her off her feet, and reminded her heart and body it felt and it was alive. This story isn’t so much about an older woman and a younger stud, but about two people who’ve known each other for a very, very long time, and suddenly they do look at each other differently. It never felt contrived. Not by any means. I really liked the dialogs, the banter, and the air hockey game was freaking funny! Shayne is such a sensitive and remarkable hero. Yeah, he’s got the hots for this woman, but he’s also there to comfort his beautiful goddess when she’s sad.

It’s interesting to see how you can find love in the least likely place and how this love can affect the sporting prowess. The ending of Scoring Lacey was emotional, realistic and well done.

Memorable lines/”quotes”:

About falling out of love:
[…]”Sometimes you do. You don’t know why. You don’t even recognize the moment when. But I will always love pieces of him. The pieces that gave me you and Kayla. Pieces that gave me the camera. It wasn’t always bad, baby. We loved each other enough to make you and your sister. And we’ll always love you two. You’re pretty hard to fall out of love with.”[…]

[…]She leaned against his back. “If you make it to the playoffs, I’m going to every single game.”
He jerked to halt then spun around. A hand caught the back of her head and he kissed her while his other hand grabbed her ass and drew her into him. “Incentive. Me likey. Let’s get naked, Magerin.”
“Yes, Donnelly. Let’s.”[…]

[…]”Look at him, Lace. Look beyond the mask, beyond the padding. Fucking look at him. I love you. I goddamn love you but you’re fucking destroying him.”[…]

Scoring Lacey is a well written and entertaining sports erotic romance. If you like hockey or if you’re generally into sports topics then give this novel a try. It’s a really smokin’ hot, quick, and hilarious ride (pun intended)!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scoring Lacey.

11/19/2011
7.0% "Oh, I love this! Great start and I'm sure this will be fun! Sports guys are HOT. :))"
11/19/2011
48.0% "Honestly, Shayne is sooo sinfully delicious! Yum! I quote Lacey: "Holy. Hell." The dialogs are hilarious and I love the banter! This is such a fun ride (pun intended!!!) :))" 2 comments
11/19/2011
100.0% "This was a hot and fun ride. The ending was emotional and realistic. It's interesting how love can affect a sporting prowess. :) Working on my review..."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Hmm. This looks good. I will wait for GR friends' reviews. ;o)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter I like to read about older heroines/younger heroes...Will definitely read it!

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) I was going to mention Liberating Lacey but saw you already read it. LOL

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter I read everything by Anne Calhoun and Raine Latimer (her pen name). She's one of my favorite authors.

message 5: by Jill (new)

Jill Great review again Baba.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Jill wrote: "Great review again Baba."

Thanks Jill! :) BTW, good morning!

message 7: by Jill (new)

Jill Thankyou Baba, it 9.30am Sunday here. I'm guessing it's around 11.30pm Saturday for you??

message 8: by Anne OK (new)

Anne OK Good review Baba! You sold "Scoring Lacey" to me.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter AnneOK wrote: "Good review Baba! You sold "Scoring Lacey" to me."

Thanks Anne! Hope you'll like it! :)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Jill wrote: "Thankyou Baba, it 9.30am Sunday here. I'm guessing it's around 11.30pm Saturday for you??"

Jill, it is exactly 11:40 p.m.

Wendy Hey great review Baba! It sounds too good not read, it's on the mountain!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Wendy wrote: "Hey great review Baba! It sounds too good not read, it's on the mountain!"

Thanks Wendy! I can feel how happy your Mount Pile is about the fact that you can't stop to click the TBR button! LOL

Wendy Ehhm *clears throat* you're not helping, by telling me about these great books. So you're partly to blame for my list getting bigger, LOL.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Wendy wrote: "Ehhm *clears throat* you're not helping, by telling me about these great books. So you're partly to blame for my list getting bigger, LOL."

Pffffft! Alrighty, I love to be blamed, Wendy! :))

Michele ~ la Smoocherina great review Baba!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter EricJacobLover aka-Michele-Read Our Lips Book Blog wrote: "great review Baba!"

Thanks, Michele!

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Great review, Baba! This book looks good. :o)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Anna wrote: "Great review, Baba! This book looks good. :o)"

Thank you, Anna! It was good and I really liked it! :) Some steamy sex and some hilarious scenes. Pretty entertaining...

message 19: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Great review Baba! This one sounds like a really good read!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Lisa wrote: "Great review Baba! This one sounds like a really good read!"

Thanks, Lisa! Yup. It was a very entertaining read and surprisingly good. :)