Beth Bedee's Reviews > Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony

Imperfect Justice by Jeff Ashton

Nov 22, 11

bookshelves: crime, law, non-fiction
Read from November 16 to 22, 2011 — I own a copy

This book outlines the crime and case from beginning to end. I followed the trial religiously and was glued to my TV awaiting the verdict while on vacation. I felt so disgusted. This book brought back a lot of those feelings. The only solace I have is that Casey Anthony will never be able to live the "bella vita" again because she is now so vilified. Her shot girl days are over.

I was fairly informed about the case in its early stages. This book shed a lot of insight on the grand jury indictment and pre-trial hearings. It was also helpful to have a chronological outline of events. It even helped me to better understand the prosecution's strategy. It's sometimes difficult to follow the story in the question and answer format of a trial. It was nice to have a narrative form in the book to review.

The first half of the book or so was a recap. I liked the bits about law procedure and the trial the best. I was very interested to read about Jeff Ashton's thoughts of Jose Baez. What a smarmy snake. The shenanigans we saw him pull on TruTV were only the tip of the iceberg. He'd been pulling that stuff for years. I also found it interesting that what we as viewers saw as bombshells were known to the prosecution ahead of time.

I respect Jeff Ashton as an attorney and a professional. How taxing physically and mentally that trial must have been. His voice and personality come through in the pages of this book.

Now, Linda Drane Burdick, please write your book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Imperfect Justice.