Ashley's Reviews > All New Square Foot Gardening

All New Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew

Jun 03, 08

bookshelves: 2008
Recommended for: to anyone wanting garden (also renters) & for creative ideas
Read in May, 2008

My garden is based on this book, so I'm giving it 5 stars - positive thinking to ensure an excellent garden! The writing could be better, but I HAVE to say - although it's not sophisticated, the advice is sound, logical, and easy to follow. The book is organized fairly well, so it's pretty easy to find an answer to a question when you need it. Do you HAVE to have the book to do sq.ft. gardening? No - you can find what you need with some sluething around online. Does the book come in handy? Oh yeah. I'm blogging about my actual gardening experience if you want to see the results.

Positives:
- you don't have to have good soil (I have clay with just enough top soil to ensure grass does grow)
- it's not expensive
- it's realistic gardening (not a ton of time required in creation or upkeep and not a ton of money)
- it really does look impressive, so I seem like I'm a better gardener than I am
- it's basic, basic, basic - you don't have to be a master gardener to understand how to get your garden going

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All New Square Foot Gardening.