Candis's Reviews > The Next Thing I Knew

The Next Thing I Knew by John Corwin

Nov 20, 11

bookshelves: sci-fi, apocolypse, young-adult, aliens, ghosts, read-to-review
Read in November, 2011

I received this book via R2R. As always, thanks to the lovely ladies who work so hard to bring us fun things to review.

So this story starts with the end of human race. Everyone dies at the same time. Lucy is the protagonist of our story and we follow her as the world tries to figure out how to move on.

Pros: Interesting story pattern. It kept me reading to try and figure where the story was going too. Well written.

Cons: Wow...ghosts? Aliens? It had me so confused. This story is more Sci-Fi than paranormal. A lot of things were left unanswered at the end of the story. What happened to Harb? What is Lucy going to do about Nick? What about the people in Heavenly? I just really wish I had more answers.

While it took me a while to get my stride on this one, I did like the character interactions for the most part. If there is a second book (done or in the works) I would most likely read it just to see if any of the questions get answers. There was just so much left hanging at the end..

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Next Thing I Knew.