Tamra's Reviews > Legal Rights, 5th Ed.: The Guide for Deaf and Hard of Hearing People

Legal Rights, 5th Ed. by National Association of the...

Jan 17, 12

bookshelves: deaf-lit, own-currently
Recommended to Tamra by: Cincinnati State
Recommended for: those interested in deaf studies
Read from November 16, 2011 to January 17, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Well, this certainly isn't a book you'd just pick up for the sake of reading, but in terms of being a useful reference book, I'd say it's pretty dang good. If you work with people who are deaf, or intend to someday, you should read this book.

It's a little repetitive, but I think that's necessary when covering laws in this much depth. Plus, the laws themselves have some overlap, so you feel like you're reading nearly identical laws, or at least laws with identical purposes. ... The book gives a great overview of laws relating to deafness (the ADA or Americans with Disabilities Act, for example), with enough detail that you're not just left wondering what the laws themselves "really" say.

Also, it's pretty readable and goes quickly and smoothly. Which is perfect for a text / reference book.

It needs an updated version, though, including the newest laws / interpretation of laws / court cases.

3.5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legal Rights, 5th Ed..