Melanie's Reviews > Dark Citadel

Dark Citadel by Cherise Sinclair

Nov 16, 2011

bookshelves: erotica, contemporary, kindle, cherise-sinclair, lookin-out-my-backdoor, slap-and-tickle

I liked this installment of Sinclair's 'Shadowlands' series much better than the first. For me, the storyline was more believable - instead of a drenched accountant seeking shelter in a rain storm, ending up in a BDSM club, and discovering she's sexually submissive, we are treated to a heroine who's smart enough to know what she's getting into.

When Kari shows up for a class at Club Shadowlands, her date becomes more of a dictator than a dominant and she decides to leave. The empathic Master Z, suggests she continue... with Master Dan, a sexy widower, as her 'partner'. Dan has been emotionally closed off since his wife's, and never gets involved for more than one night, but something about Kari calls to him. When he finds himself getting too attached to Kari, he distances himself, but with some "help" from his, uh, colleagues, he can't stay away. Jealousy, is a powerful motivator... :)

Dark Citadel is definitely one HOT book - Sinclair is a "master" storyteller of BDSM kink. She does a good job with the chemistry between Kari and Dan; but I did find they reached a resolution too quickly for the time line of the book. Given how long Dan has lived with the grief and resentment of his wife's tragic death, I think it's a bit of a reach to believe he accepts his new "little sub" after only about three sessions... oh well, c'est la vie in Romancelandia.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Citadel.