Amanda 's Reviews > Lost and Found

bookshelves: young-adult
Recommended to Amanda by: Lori
Recommended for: my 8th graders
Read in June, 2008

I bought the Bluford Series for my classroom after a non-reader begged me to. The thirteen books promptly disappeared, and only 6 of them came back at the end of the year. That's how much my 8th graders love these short, easy book s about kids who live in the 'hood, as my students would say. I bribed one kid into good behavior and reading with a set of them, and now I am reading them myself.

That said, the first one was not bad. These are low-level, high-interest books of quality. I know that tons of my students have had experiences like many of the kids in the series, but few of my students have the integrity that these books applaud -- always in a calm, non-preachy way, though.

Lost and Found was about one of the "good kids" at Bluford, one of the goody-two-shoes who realizes that there is more to life than grades and putting other people down. Darcy finds friends, a boyfriend, and begins to trust herself while helping her family in the meantime. Just enough suspense and heartache to keep everything moving quickly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lost and Found.