Annie Evett's Reviews > While I'm Still Myself

While I'm Still Myself by Jeremy Mark Lane

Nov 16, 2011

Read in November, 2011

Beautiful prose, with the intent on disturbing the reader, Jeremy Mark Lane’s “While I’m Still Myself” is a collection worthy of gifting this festive season. His newest anthology of short stories challenges the reader to question their own perceptions of happiness and the what society expects its populous to invest in the sense of belonging.

He sensitively investigates the human condition, uncovering the most intimate moments, allowing the reader to share the emotional rollercoaster his characters experience.

Jeremy’s characters are charming, often drawn from the dusty side of society. With naive traits which only adds to situation, main characters show their gritty, no nonsense style when issues arise.

The messages within each story unashamedly preach the values of friendship, loyalty and trust within your faith. They describe a harsh reality where misfortune and sadness lurk around each corner. Its only through drawing on others strengths and relying or trusting others, that these main characters are able to overcome their problems.

The stories disquieten the reader, urging them to re-read and analyse the action; forcing them to question how they might have reacted, had they been the main character.

An enjoyable experience for the discerning and thoughtful reader.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read While I'm Still Myself.