Richard Reviles Censorship Always in All Ways's Reviews > Teatro Grottesco

Teatro Grottesco by Thomas Ligotti

3920693
May 25, 13

Read from February 29 to July 04, 2012

It's a solid four-star read. I do not have the faintest idea how to review it, though, because spoilers (in the case of horror fiction) really consist of telling readers what to expect to feel or think about the stories.

So...here it is...if you've read my other reviews, and you find that you agree with me at least 70% of the time, this collection is very much worth your money and your eyeblinks.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Teatro Grottesco.

02/29/2012 "A gift from a good friend. It's up soon!"
05/04/2012 "Not going well."

Comments (showing 1-10)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 10: by mark (new) - rated it 4 stars

mark monday i really want to know what you think about this one!

Richard Reviles Censorship Always in All Ways It keeps slipping down the stack. Seems to have extra gravity all its own.

mark monday Seems to have extra gravity all its own.

that is a good way to describe it. a bleak kind of heaviness. a downward-seeking lodestone!

message 6: by Harry (new)

Harry Kane I read half of this collection, told myself it was one of the most awesome things, and never revisited it again. I know I have to. It's there with the half-read Secret Show by Barker, sneering at me.

Richard Reviles Censorship Always in All Ways Ligotti's not an easy read, because there is so much there there (in contrast to Stein's Oakland). His ideas are many-layered, and that can be off-putting. I don't know how to review the book yet. I start a simple review, and then have to abandon it. It doesn't say what I want to say, and absent that, why bother?

message 4: by Harry (last edited Jun 08, 2012 07:35PM) (new)

Harry Kane I've almost given up writing real reviews these days, just my reactions. As if everyone has already read the same book, and we're just gossiping. Guess that's what I'll be doing for now.

Richard Reviles Censorship Always in All Ways I can understand the impulse to do that.

message 2: by Traveller (new) - added it

Traveller Have you finished, this, Richard?

Richard Reviles Censorship Always in All Ways Ages ago. I think it could be time to admit I have no idea how to review it, though, since there's pretty much nothing new to say. I think Ligotti's a fascinating writer.