PT's Reviews > Truth in the Dark

Truth in the Dark by Amy Lane

Feb 07, 13

** spoiler alert ** This book was more like 3.5, but I was feeling a little stingy with my stars today. Sorry ;(
Definitely a unique twist on the beauty and the beast theme (which I will willingly admit is a favorite of mine). One starts off with a clear cut vision of a beast and slowly over the course of the book is lead to think that there really might not be any beast at all in this tragic tale of HEA.
On the positive side, I must admit that Mrs. Lane has a singular voice that shows not only in her storylines, but her descriptions as well. It is both beautiful and tragic. Also, I love stories centering around flawed characters. It might not work for everyone, but I found them enjoyable.
My main disappoint was the fact that Aerie-Smith's infraction was such a minor offense that it really detracted from my overall enjoyment of the story. I'm not saying I wanted him to be a degenerate and I can understand the attempt to make Aerie-Smith a more sympathetic character. However, there was such a build-up to his admission that I was thinking he had done all sorts of horrible things or at least something sort of bad. Once I learned about the stolen kiss, I was like, "That's it?!?! Surely, there must to be more to the story than this. That's just silly."
Anywho, that's my two cents.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Truth in the Dark.