Melissa's Reviews > The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams

F 50x66
Nov 15, 11

bookshelves: 12th-grade-advisory

The restaurant at the end of the universe
Douglas Adams
256 pages
Gramercy Books
ISBN: 0345418921

This is the second installment of the Hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy. If you have not read the first book this is a quick recap. The earth is destroyed by aliens and Arthur Dent was the only who survived. An alien named Ford Prefect took Arthur with him to space so that he can start a new life. There, they go on a crazy adventure as Arthur tries to adjust to everything. As the second book begins Arthur and the rest of the gang are being attacked by another alien ship. As they try to figure a way to escape Arthur decides to request a cup of tea which jams the computer system. Because of Arthur simple request this is the start of their new adventure through space, encountering new aliens, getting out of sticky situations, and covering new land.

Adams had done it again giving the readers the excitement of traveling through space. I thought this book was easier to understand after reading the first book. This time around there was less random information that Adams had put in the first book. Overall, I thought the book was engaging and fun to read. It is great to know that we can escape reality for awhile and just go on a crazy adventure with the characters.

I would recommend this book to anyone who just wants to take a break from reality and read something different. It is interesting to know how other people picture space life to be like. If you enjoy reading science fiction this is a good series to look into. Anyone can read it and understand what is happening in the story and be in the adventures.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.