jD's Reviews > The Riddler's Gift

The Riddler's Gift by Greg Hamerton

Nov 15, 2011

bookshelves: 2_kindle_own, 2012, 2012_5-stars, fantasy_adventure_worldbuilding, different-and-strange, fantasy_myths
Read from November 15, 2011 to August 19, 2012

Perfect except for the partical ending. Not a cliffhanger but an ending that desperately needs an epilogue. My only crique.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Riddler's Gift.

01/07/2012
20.0% "It's usuall not a good sign when I read novellas between chapters. This one has a great feel but I am not in the mood for my brain to work this hard. I am shelving for now and reading something that doesn't require such a high level of attention."
08/18/2012 page 243
38.0% "this book is long. i feel like i have been reading it for a year! whew!!! i like it now that i have a grasp of the world and the characters. good concept."
08/19/2012 page 520
81.0% "Good stuff. Very dark with interesting characters and a complex magical system."

message 2: by jD (new) - rated it 5 stars

jD That's a good endorsement. I brought it and hope to get to it before the New Year.

Jesslyn Let me know. I'm excited to start the Exiled Son tonite.

message 5: by jD (last edited Jan 03, 2012 04:53PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

jD Make sure you are ready for some major heartache. The second and final book is alreay on Amazon. You will need to grab it if you haven't already. I would be very surprised if you don't like it.

By the way, Riddler's Gift has already snagged me. I am on the way to NYC by car from Wash DC and brought a portable light for my Kindle. My hubby is not going to be happy with his shotgun passenger. LoL

Jesslyn Who would have thought that I would start 2012 with some excellent independent books? Awesome

message 7: by jD (new) - rated it 5 stars

jD My plan for 2012 is to find as many of these independent works possible, especially fantasy. I am trying to read only completed series. 2011 was overrun with cliffhangers on everything. I am going to be on the lookout for those. I am even up'ing my ebook budget from $4 to $6 if the reviews are good.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) I love reading the indies. There are some real gems out there just waiting to be discovered.

Jesslyn I am just getting to this one (its a free Kindle lending library title) and I will trust you both. Here goes!

message 10: by jD (new) - rated it 5 stars

jD I hit up the author about the ending and it made sense. I am working on a comprehensive review.