Christie Skipper Ritchotte's Reviews > The Disappearing Spoon: And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World from the Periodic Table of the Elements

The Disappearing Spoon by Sam Kean

Some stinker, I mean smart-person-who-knows-what's-good-for-em, put this on hold at the library before I got to finish it. And it is so very GOOD too! If I'd had this in book-form, it would have been pored over and ingested twice over by now.

The lesson I've begun to learn is that I am not a fan of audio books, not even when the book and narrator are incredible, faultless wonders. There are too many hours required to listen and too many fractured blobs of time--it equates to a very frustrating experience for yours truly. Audio books make it harder to remember the best parts, and there's no way to underline anything or jot down an inspired thought or scribble "Christie loves Sam Kean 4-ever" on the flyleaf.

Fortunately, I did get to hear the first five out of eleven cds before some intrepid soul put MY BOOK on hold. It was enough to know this will be bought by me (or someone who likes/loves me for Christmas, hint hint) soon, so that I might underline and dogear and inscribe until my crooked heart's content.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Disappearing Spoon.

11/15/2011 "Currently listening, is more accurate."