Ashelynn's Reviews > Stealing Parker

Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally

Oct 23, 12

bookshelves: reread-a-million-times, recommend
Read from October 17 to 20, 2012

I don't know about you, but this book sounds EXACTLY like my type of book. Baseball + forbidden romance = HELL YEAH.

She really hit the ball out of the park with this one. Review to come!

***

You can read my full review here.

For anybody that knows me, they know how much I love baseball. I love that game so much. I thrive on baseball like other people thrive on food. So when I found out Miranda Kenneally’s sophomore book was about baseball, and a forbidden romance (MY NEXT FAVORITEST THING EVER), I knew I was going to love it—and I did. Stealing Parker is an incredible contemporary YA, about love, friendship, relationships, and of course, the best thing ever, baseball.

Parker Shelton is dealing with a tough time in her life. Her mom recently left her family . . . for another woman, and their church has decided This Is Not Acceptable, and Parker’s classmates have also decided It Is Not Acceptable and will not talk to Parker. Guys, my heart ached for Parker. But all I really wanted her to do was to talk to her mother. Because WHY NOT talk to her?

And let me tell you, I did not expect this book to dive into religion so deeply. Yet it did—Parker is mad at God, but still goes to church every Sunday. Parker deals with being a good Christian girl, and woah, did I not expect any of that. It didn’t turn me off, but I wasn’t expecting it. At all. Yet it was a nice surprise to Stealing Parker. I really liked the church element.

I also really liked the baseball and softball element, and of course, Brian. The forbidden, steamy coach. I started out liking him a lot. He was NICE and amazing and I loved Brian and Parker’s chemistry. And then he turned into a sexual deviant and I hated him. I wanted Parker to stand up to him and get with the guy who was totally falling for her, while she was falling for him.

I loved the ending. There was a point where Parker lost EVERYTHING and I was crying. Okay, not really crying, but I wanted to. I wanted to cry and hug Parker because I just felt so bad for her. Then the ending came and Parker got her happily ever after, and I was a happy reader.

If you love romance with a fantastic story, I would recommend picking up Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally. It was a fast read, with fantastic characters, and I loved loved loved it so much.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stealing Parker.

10/17/2012 page 54
21.0% "Love baseball, so am really excited for this one!"
10/20/2012 page 171
66.0% "Oh no."
10/20/2012 page 205
80.0% "Brb crying."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nataly (new) - added it

Nataly haha cool :)

message 2: by Nataly (new) - added it

Nataly in fact u remind me to jordan haha

message 3: by ♥★Julia (new) - added it

♥★Julia is this lgbt?

Ashelynn Julia wrote: "is this lgbt?"

No. It's a romance between a girl and her baseball coach.