Philip's Reviews > Prime Baby

Prime Baby by Gene Luen Yang

Nov 23, 11

bookshelves: graphic-novel
Read from November 15 to 18, 2011

What an odd, odd book. It was pretty hilarious. I really liked it a lot. I say it that way because it was rather strange. The story's progressing and going on, and as I read it I kept thinking, "did that really just happen?"

This is by Gene Luen Yang the same author of the celebrated book American Born Chinese.

Prime Baby, however is all about a baby that only ga's (says ga ga) in prime numbers. Not as powerful a message, if you know what I mean... but plenty funny.

I was actually this *holds index finger a millimeter above thumb* close to writing the publisher to see if I could use an image for this review. But heck, I figured it'd take too much time.

Thaddeus's thought after his teacher asks him, "Thaddeus, can you tell us what comes next?"

"Mr. Miller, you ridiculous little man. As if anything you say has any value to me whatsoever."

As a teacher, I took solace in that phrase. Sometimes I picture students thinking that exact same thing - even though I'm 6'5". It's nice to know I'm not alone...
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prime Baby.