Leeah George 's Reviews > I Am Number Four

I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

Nov 21, 11

Read from November 15 to 21, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Am Number Four.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leeah (last edited Nov 21, 2011 06:10PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leeah George This book was AMAZING. Words can't even start to explain the way i felt about this book.

I am number four is about John Smith, a 15-year old alien from the planet Lorien, and Henri, his Cêpan, as they run from the Mogadorians, another alien race that is hunting John and eight other teenage Lorics that fled to the planet of Earth. These nine teens are members of the Garde, a group of Loric people with special powers called "Legacies." Cêpans, who are also Loric, do not have legacies and are the protectors and mentors for young members of the Garde. The teenagers are protected by a charm that only allows them to be killed in numeric order. The first three have been killed, and John is Number Four.

I took this book out because the back of the book, which normally indicates what the book is about, was so...intense, so... real, that I knew if I had put the book back, I would have made a big mistake. Boy, was I right!

I finished this book in tears because it was like I was apart of the book, and I witnessed everything that happened. I sat up until two thirty in the morning reading, because I just couldn't stop. I was dreading the end of the book though. But I really wanted too see what happens! I have NEVER felt that way about a book before. Wanted to finish it, but not wanting to all at one time. The characters felt so...Real, like they've lived here forever and I've talked to them everyday. At some points I even forgot it WAS fiction, and not apart of real life. Just the fact that I have finished this book makes me want to cry. *Tear*

I would honestly recommend this book to ANYONE! If they don't like fiction, I'm sure this book will change their minds.

One of the best books Ever. And by FAR my all time favorite book.
And now, every time i see someone in a long black coat and glasses, i think their Mogadorians coming after me. :)