Sara's Reviews > Daughter of the Blood

Daughter of the Blood by Anne Bishop

Mar 21, 13

bookshelves: erotic-fantasy

This is crazy, dark, erotic fantasy that leaves a little something to be desired in terms of coherent plot lines but possesses some of the most interesting antihero's I've come across in the last year or so.

My biggest problem with Anne Bishop is I constantly feel like I'm being thrust into the middle of the story with little to no background and a hell of a lot of exposition instead of interesting story telling. We meet a character and for five pages we hear all about their life, why they're at where they're at etc. and then they're just there in the story and we take it on faith that they're acting the way they're acting because of that little five page description. Its sloppy and ends up reading more like fan fiction then an accomplished fantasy novel.

The books in the "Jewels" series are a fun read, the kind of thing you'd grab in the dollar bin at a used book sale then donate back as soon as you're done reading them. They're titillating and full of naughty, sexy scenes with winged devils and magic aura's everywhere but if you want actual substantive story telling look elsewhere.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daughter of the Blood.