Faith McKay's Reviews > The Name of the Star

The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson

Apr 30, 14

bookshelves: laugh-out-loud-funny, read-in-2012, young-adult, ghosts
Read from March 05 to 12, 2012

This was a really great book that is getting put on my honorary "laugh out loud" shelf, which is a really great place to be. I love love love the writing. The opening was amazing. I liked the idea of the story. I love that I felt like I was in London. And I loved the stories about her family members back home. :)

Definitely recommend!

I'm looking forward to the second one coming out. I hate starting a series that doesn't have the sequels out yet :( After the ending, I have a feeling this one will go somewhere very interesting!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Name of the Star.

Quotes Faith Liked

Maureen Johnson
“And what else is she?" Jerome asked. Jazza didn't offer any reply so I chimed in with, "A bitchweasel?"
"A bitchweasel!" Jazza's face lit up. "She's a bitchweasel! I love my new roommate.”
tags: humor

Maureen Johnson
“The English play hockey in any weather. Thunder, lightening, plague of locusts...nothing can stop the hockey. Do not fight the hockey, for the hockey will win.”
tags: humor

Maureen Johnson
“Walk really, really carefully. It's not complicated, but if you mess up, you'll die, so pay attention.”

03/05/2012
4.0% "Wow. I like this already!"
03/11/2012
49.0% "Oh, my god. LOL. poor Pipsie."
show 2 hidden updates…

message 1: by Lola (new) - added it

Lola I should read this one next. I bought it ages ago!