Casey Haven's Reviews > Cook Like a Rock Star: 125 Recipes, Lessons, and Culinary Secrets

Cook Like a Rock Star by Anne Burrell

2204031
Nov 15, 2011

Read in October, 2011

I have been cooking for 30 plus years and I don’t buy cookbooks anymore because quite frankly, I either already know how to do things or I research it on the Internet. I pre-order this one however, because Ann Burrell really does rock the kitchen! “Secrets Of A Restaurant Chef” is one of my favorite cooking shows. Many of the recipes in this book are directly from the show. I have made and loved about half of them already. Anne Burrell always sheds new light on things I thought I already knew! Besides she is thoroughly entertaining. I love to hear her exclaim things like “the garlic has fulfilled it’s garlic destination” and my favorite, “cook the crap out of it.”
She really understands how to make the mundane sublime! Also, she is wonderful inspiration for new cooks because she vigilantly simplifies complex method allowing for even an amateur to achieve success. Her method of prepping is exactly like mine, which I arrived at from years of blundering and tribulation. I wish she was around when I learned to cook; it would have saved me a lot of unnecessary toil. Chef Anne Burrell is astounding! She really does rock the kitchen!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cook Like a Rock Star.