Dianna Richards's Reviews > Fatal Voyage

Fatal Voyage by Kathy Reichs

Nov 15, 2011

Read in November, 2011

Temperance Brennan is used to being one of the first responders for major disasters, and the ill fated flight of Air TransSouth 228 certainly qualifies. But she is not used to having her professional integrity questioned. The discovery of human foot, which appears to not be associated with the crash, sets off a chain of events that spirals out of control. After a retreat and a discussion with her estranged husband Pete, Brennan sets out to clear her name. Armed with Pete's dog, and aided by sexy Montreal detective Andrew Ryan, Brennan uncovers something that is far more horrifying than the crashed airliner.

Lots of great information is buried in this book, especially on how the events on a down plane are reconstructed after the crash. While I was reading it my mother was trying to sell me a $59 flight home for the holidays, which I declined. I'm a nervous flyer during the best of conditions, and now I'm NEVER getting on a plane again.

While Brennan is her usually dolorous self, Pete, Ryan and Boyd, the chow-mix, lend lots of humor to the story. The action is quick paced and the mystery that Brennan is on to is engaging and will stimulate your little crime solving brain cells, even after Brennan acts stupidly.

Well plotted and well written, but once you get to chapter 31 you just know what is coming and have to wonder how such an intelligent character can act so stupidly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fatal Voyage.