Giselle's Reviews > Poseur

Poseur by Rachel Maude

F 50x66
Nov 15, 11

bookshelves: advisory-2011-2012-bookshelf

Four totally different girls all attend the exclusive Winston Prep High school. Charlotte is the preppy girl who likes to dress like she is from Victorian times. Janie likes to design her own clothing that is punk and she isn't very popular. Melissa Moon is popular and dresses to impress while Petra Greene on the other hand could care less. All four girls come together when they decide to all make fashion related classes and a teacher chooses to put them together. There are a lot of differences, but eventually it comes to create something new and unique.

A main message of this book is that you should not judge others based on their looks and family backgrounds. There is a lot more to a person than by how they dress, who they are friends with, and how much money they have. The main characters of this book decided not to get along with each other just because of their differences. Eventually, they all grew together because they found similarities between them and things they could agree on. It helped them form a bond with one another that they never would have discovered before because of judgement.

I enjoyed this book because it was an accurate description of how teen girls act and feel. I felt like I could personally connect with each character in one way or another. There were also funny parts that made me laugh aloud. My favorite moments of the book was at the end of the book when they held the big launch party. There was a lot of suspense and it was hilarious. Overall, it was a good book that I really liked and it was fun to read.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Poseur.