Kristi-The Book Faery's Reviews > On the Fringe

Nov 15, 2011

bookshelves: arc-atwt, ghosts, ya-arc-for-2011
Read in November, 2011

THE FAERYS VIEW

On the Fringe by Courtney King Walker is aptly named and you’ll soon find out why. Ms. Walker gave me a mesmerizing look at first love and the devotion that can come with it even beyond the grave. I enjoyed another ‘ghost’ book! Surprise, surprise! I guess I can wipe that off my ‘I don’t read’ list now as this is the fifth book involving ghosts that I have truly enjoyed.

Claire and Daniel have known each other for ever. Claire is best friends with his sister and Daniel is best friends with her brother. They both secretly harbor a secret love but Daniels life is cut short before he or Claire can act upon their feelings. It isn’t until Claire is drowning on her 16th birthday when she reconnects with the spirit of Daniel.

Ms. Walker narrates in both Claire and Daniels POV which keep’s the book flowing beautifully, seeing each characters feelings and thoughts brings much to this thrilling story. On the Fringe isn’t just about reconnecting with first loves it’s also about where Daniels been, On the Fringe, Ms. Walker gives an interesting and thought provoking account of life after death. It is thrilling as Daniel tries to protect Claire against an entity that has it out for Daniel.

On the Fringe has some interesting plot twists, dash away tear moments and plenty of thrills to keep any reader intrigued until the very end. Well written with engaging characters, an unusual and fascinating plot and a heart wrenching story of first loves, On the Fringe will appeal to most readers of the genre.

THE FAERY SAYS THIS IS A GREAT GHOST STORY!

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Fringe.