Christi Snow's Reviews > Supernaturally Kissed

Supernaturally Kissed by Stacey Kennedy

Dec 29, 11

Read on December 24, 2011

My Review:

Did I love this book? OMG, YES! This is a paranormal, but so completely different from most paranormals that are on the market right now. This book is incredibly creative and entertaining. It remains a light, fun read while at the same time, it's a suspenseful book dealing with the seriousness of life and death. This is a ghost story, but it is not creepy at all. It's a sweet and seriously sexy paranormal romance!

Tess has seen ghosts since she was 17. Sometimes she helps them, but most times, she tries to ignore them because she doesn't need the world knowing that she needs to be locked up in a crazy house. That's her plan when Kipp shows up...to simply ignore him, although she does admit to herself that he is seriously sexy, while she is trying to ignore him. But she finds that impossible when he starts seducing her while she is out on a date. Seriously LOL moments in this scene!

Kipp was a gorgeous, smart cop who was murdered while investigating a cold-case. He's different from most ghosts in that he remembers every detail from his life. Most only have very vague recollections. He is very attracted to Tess and doesn't try to hide it. He's tough. He's smart. He's gorgeous. He also just died a week ago and is trying to come to grips with that which gives him a vulnerable side that is so attractive. OMG, I completely could see how Tess fell in love with him. He's just perfect!

Kipp and Tess are absolutely perfect for each other and it is absolutely gut-wrenching and heart-breaking to read/watch. They can't even touch each other, but there is this soul-deep connection between them. It's really beautiful...and is making me cry right now while thinking about it....Wow, I never cry after-the-book.Yes, this book got to me. Such a beautiful love story.

BTW, they may not be able to touch, but the sex scenes in this book (yes, there are some) are SCORCHING HOT! Huge kudos to Stacey Kennedy for her writing because that couldn't have been easy to do...I did mention, they can't touch, right?!? Hot, HoT, HOT scenes!!

This is the first book in an ongoing series and I have to admit that I will not be missing a single book in this series. I love the premise of this story and I love both of Tess and Kipp's characters. There is also a great cast of supporting characters in this book...Kipp's partner, Zach; Tess' best friend, Caley; Max & Eddie, other cops. Tess is officially working for the police dept. now and I can't wait to see what happens from here! Such an amazing start to what promises to be a fantastically fun and romantic series!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Supernaturally Kissed.