Jessica's Reviews > People of the Wolf

People of the Wolf by W. Michael Gear

1207793
Jun 24, 09

Read in June, 2009

Pretty true to hunting and gathering tactics as well as clothing as far as I can tell. It wasn't a bad book. I liked it. There was a lot of rape in it. I hoped that it might end after the first hundred pages, but no the rape and violence keep coming. I want to read the next one to see how it goes. I think this would be a great winter read, but probably not a great choice for a summer breeze through like I was in the mood for.

The characters are quite wonderfully written. Dancing Fox was an very empowering female character and the reader will defiantly identify with her. There are a few female characters that have decent roles in this book. Mostly it's about two sons who struggle to save the people (or destroy them, depending on your position). Overall, the message was uplifting it was just hard to get into. The short preface was unnecessary, it seems out of place without a follow up at the end.

This book is worth your attention but I'm not sure I'd read much more of the same story with the same characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read People of the Wolf.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sarah Ahh . . I am pretty sure this is the one I have read myself. The Dancing Fox and brother's quarrel sounds familiar.

Jessica I can totally tell why it would have been too much to read at a young age. That could scar a girl. As is I got uncomfortable many many times.