Britainy's Reviews > The Iron Duke

The Iron Duke by Meljean Brook

Nov 15, 11

bookshelves: 2011, 5-floozies, favorites, historical, kindle, paranormal, romance, steampunk
Read in November, 2011

What a magical read!! I loved it from start to finish. 5+ Floozies for this one!!

For some reason I missed the whole steampunk aspect of this book, so it took me a minute to get the idea that The Iron Duke did not take place in historical England. Once I got that, I realized the world Meljean Brook had created was so amazing and fantastic. The different classes and the prejudice associated was just one level of this skyscraper of a book.

(view spoiler)

Saw blades for teeth, glass orbs for eyes that detect truths and lies, metal sharks, and cracken!! Action, adventure, love, personal development, and sequels!! I was transported into this world and loved every minute I spent with Mina and Rhys. Even the supporting characters were exciting to get to know. I am a happy book lover right about now. Just so much to chew on without being overwhelming. The core of the story is crystal clear and so entertaining I could not put it down.

The development of Mina and Rhys' love for each was so sweet and just . . . perfect . . . for this book! I can not wait to read Heart of Steel and, really, any other steampunk romance I can get my hands on!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Duke.