Tami's Reviews > The Christmas Note

The Christmas Note by Donna VanLiere

Nov 15, 2011

Read in November, 2011

Sometimes I don't understand myself. On the one hand, I am a total Christmas freak. Just standing in the holiday section at Wal-Mart makes me happy. I've nearly worn out my new Michael Buble' Christmas CD, and it's still November. My DVR records anything containing the words Christmas or holiday without even asking me.

On the other hand, I'm a cynic. I punch holes in every conspiracy theory. I don't believe good always wins over evil (at least in this life). Dreams don't come true. The glass isn't half full or half empty - it's just all you get.

Given these conflicting traits, I suppose it's hardly surprising that I pre-order the latest Christmas, feel-good, pretty cover, sentimental story and then whine because it's sappy. I don't know . . . I'm an enigma.* But here are my thoughts on The Christmas Note by Donna VanLiere.
It has everything a Christmas novel should have - family, forgiveness, and a happy ending. But problems aren't solved that quickly except in thirty-minute sit-coms. It gives you a warm feeling of Christmas cheer and hope. But the real world doesn't work that easily.
Well . . . regardless of which side you're on in the Christmas feel-good/clap-trap debate, take that information and proceed accordingly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Christmas Note.