Mskychick's Reviews > Confessions of an Improper Bride

Confessions of an Improper Bride by Jennifer Haymore

Nov 15, 11

Read in November, 2011

I spent the book rolling my eyes. I mean, come on! The "heroine" believes she was seduced, publicly caught en flagrente delicto, then dumped by this man 6 years ago. This then caused her aunt to cast her and her twin sister out of London, and her sister was killed on the ship ride home (if the man hadn't dumped her, they never would have been on the ship in the first place and her sister wouldn't have died). And yet, when she sees the man again, she flippantly forgets about all this and moons over him again?! Get serious!
I spent the book being pissed off at Serena for her stupid choices. And Jonathon, who initially thinks Serena is her dead twin sister, is instantly lusting after her and wanting to seduce her away from her fiance, who is one of his best friends. Yeah, he should be shot as well. If I hadn't bought this book, but gotten it from the library instead, I never would have finished it.
I thought originally I would give this a 2, but the characters repeatedly made me so angry that I am giving it a 1. "Oh, we mustn't!" followed by kiss kiss kiss, followed by "oh, we shouldn't!" And ending with 'He knew she loved him because her limbs trembled and she moaned his name over and over.'
IDIOTS

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions of an Improper Bride.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Nisha-Anne Yes! Finally someone who reacted to this book like I did! *relief* All the rave reviews I've seen so far were beginning to make me wonder if we'd all read completely different books. :p

Couldn't agree more!

message 2: by Jo (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jo Perhaps I was too generous with my two stars, given I agree wholeheartedly with you!

message 3: by Ashley (new) - added it