Megan's Reviews > Farsighted

Farsighted by Emlyn Chand

Dec 18, 11

bookshelves: review-books, read-in-2011, young-adult
Read from December 16 to 17, 2011

When I first read what this book was about, a blind person with a supernatural ability to "see" the future, I knew that it was one I had to read - and am so glad that I did! I think that for a debut novel it is very good and I look forward to reading more books by this author.

I liked that each chapter started with a prophecy of what that chapter would contain. Even after reading them, each chapter still surprised me because I couldn't figure them out until after I had read the chapter. I think that having these in the book helped make the story even more interesting without giving anything away.

Once I began reading the story, I was drawn into it immediately and was able to finish it quicker than I had anticipated. The beginning of the book was great, the middle a bit boring, and the ending excellent. The conclusion was surprising, and it makes me want to read the next book so I can learn what happens next. If you like young adult fiction or paranormal fiction, I think you will enjoy this book.

***I received a complimentary copy of this book to review. I was asked to give my honest opinion of the book - which I have done.***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Farsighted.

12/16/2011