Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly's Reviews > Chosen by Fate

Chosen by Fate by Virna DePaul

Apr 04, 12

bookshelves: paperback, paranormal-romance, ghosts, magic
Read from March 26 to 30, 2012 — I own a copy

Wraith has a secret. She was about to die. It was a closely guarded secret that no wraith had ever lived until it's 11th birthday and her 10th had already passed. Her time was running out. There was only a few things that she wanted before she died. She wanted to know who she was and Caleb O'Flare.

Caleb O'Flare had joined the Para-Op's team in order to clear his name. It was thought that he was responsible for killing his friend and he was bound and determined to find out who was really behind it. When the Felines - he's friend's race - started being attacked he knew that solving the issue would lead to some of the answers that he was looking for.

In Chosen by Fate the relationship between Caleb and Wraith heats up. Because Virna Depaul is a great author, she had laid the groundwork for their relationship in Chosen by Blood and I was anxious to see how she was going to work it out. I mean, how were they supposed to get together if the simplest of touches caused Wraith pain? Not to worry though because Virna found a way around it by throwing us a few of her trademark curve balls to keep us on our toes.

Caleb and Wrath gave off some mega sparks but those sparks never really created a fire for me. I consider that both a good thing and a... less than good thing. It was good because DePaul stuck to her guns about touch causing Wraith pain. That lead us down a BDSM path which was an idea that I really liked. It was based in "reality" and worked amazingly well within both the world that she created as well as the storyline. It was less good because I wanted more sex LOL! Virna can write one hell of a love scene when she sets her mind to it!

I'm not too happy with who the Biggest Bad is. I like the Quorum as the villains. The Quorum are impersonal. They're just a bunch of bigots. This new puppet master however has the ability to devastate one of the team members. All that I can say (without spoilers) is that Virna has created a villain that I already HATE WITH A PASSION. I love it when an author evokes such a response from me.

All in All this was a great addition to the series. I was happy to see Caleb and Wraith get closure to their issues as well as their HEA. I hope to see more of them in future books.

On a different note...

Dex!!!!!! OMG the scenes that had Dex in they have me sooooo wanting more of him. I can't wait to read his book!

HOT DAMN! This book ended with a real cliffhanger!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chosen by Fate.