Shaz's Reviews > Acquainted with the Night

Acquainted with the Night by Tymber Dalton

Apr 24, 2016

bookshelves: mm, menage-polyamoury, bdsm-d-s-kink-dd, mpreg, favourites, sci-fi-fantasy
Read from August 27 to 29, 2012

This was a book I was actually reluctant to start reading. Tymber Dalton is a hit or miss kind of author for me. I either love or hate her work. Well this book truly was on the love side of things. I didn't want to put it down; resented the kids for expecting me to cook dinner... lol! When the tears started, everyone was asleep thankfully, so they couldn't make fun of me. And I don't cry easily over a story!

But these characters really got to me. They have been written with a beautiful touch. They all have their flaws, none are too perfect to be true. The relationships between them all is varied and not textbook standard or carbon copied.

Tymber Dalton invites us into this wonderful, exciting and alien world and makes us at home there. She takes us on a journey of love, growth and adaptation to all things strange and beautiful. I won't tell you that the story is without it's flaws; the use of the term "milker" was a bit jarring to be honest, but not enough to put me off. But the ending was perfect for this tale.

I was left satisfied, completely! It's definitely a story I will be revisiting in the future.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Acquainted with the Night.