Prangon's Reviews > This Same Earth

This Same Earth by Elizabeth   Hunter

Dec 05, 2011

bookshelves: adult, fantasy, vampire, paranormal, arc, review-copy, read-in-2011
Read from November 21 to December 05, 2011

Originally posted on The Nerd In Heels
This Same Earth by Elizabeth Hunter is the second book of Elemental Mysteries series. Firstly, thank you Elizabeth for letting me read this awesome book, I think I might have died from my curiosity after reading the first chapter of this book a while back.

This Same Earth picks up five years after A Hidden Fire ends, revealing what happened in Beatrice De Novo's life in the mean time. Beatrice has left a world of supernatural behind or so she thought until Giovanni Vecchio came back in her life. However Beatrice is reluctant to accept Giovanni back in her life after being abandoned by him for five years.

Giovanni's absence in Beatrice's life for so long was the biggest mystery in my opinion when he clearly is smitten with her. To Gio his rationality to leave Beatrice alone, is to give her a chance to have a normal life and exactly what I figure he would say. Which from Geo's prospective might have seem like a good idea, but they both suffered from the separation. They go through quite a rocky road before Beatrice can trust Gio to not leave her again and give into his persuasion to establish a relationship between them.

Carwyn and some of his children were introduced in the story however because of Carwyn's tragic loss we miss the jovial Hawaiian shirt wearing snarky priest very much. Some new vampires and their clan is introduced, new alliances are formed due to Beatrice's 'new family'. The search for the missing De Novo is highlighted in this story more than ever. Stephen De Novo, Beatrice's father has hidden himself from the world and everyone seem to want him on their side or rather want what he possess.

This Same Earth ends with a beautiful wedding and with the starting of a family. Vampire Human love is always so difficult! It's hard to decide what is best for the human, turn the human into a vampire or not. After reading so many vampire series I have come to realize that it's actually a very hard decision (for me). If the human lover is turned into a vampire I whine oh god they are robbing the human from it's humanity! If not turned into a vampire, well I still whine why isn't the human turned into a vampire so they can live happily ever after. That is one of the biggest set backs for me while I read any vampire series, really! As for Elemental Mysteries series, its yet to be seen what Beatrice will choose even though it seem quite clear in this book what she will happen.

All in all a really good book with a great cover. Kudos to Elizabeth for giving readers this awesome series. I know for me March can not come sooner, until than I am going to eagerly wait or stalk Elizabeth till she hands over THE FORCE OF WIND. Recommended to all the paranormal readers out there. If you love a good vampire series this is definitely it. You can start by reading A Hidden Fire

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Same Earth.

11/21/2011
11/22/2011
95.0% "I am not reading the first chapter of third book this time. Nah ah..."