Kaung Myat Han's Reviews > Sh*t My Dad Says

Sh*t My Dad Says by Justin Halpern

Nov 14, 11

bookshelves: autobiographical-memoir, humour-jokes-entertainment, non-fiction
Read in November, 2011

'Shit My Dad Says' is an awesome autobiographical memoir about a Jewish kid growing up with his 'I don't give a fuck about anything except about my son and my family' attitude. There are so many 'awww' moments for me. True, it might be rude and lowly for someone who's working as a university-level lecturer in the nuclear medicine area but what it's heart-warming and humorous(in a cute way) is the fact that Sam Halpern(the author's dad) sincerely means every word he said. And it's so apparent he wanted his son to become successful in the society. Ok, so time to tell you my favorite quotes in the book. Enjoy!

On Dealing With Bullies
"You're going to run into jerk-offs,but remember: It's not the size of the asshole you worry about, it's how much shit it comes out of it."

On Friendship
"You got good friends. I like them. I don't think they would fuck your girlfriend, if you had one."

On Shopping for Presents for His Birthday
"If it's not bourbon or sweatpants, it's going in the garbage... No, don't get creative. Now is not a creative time. Now is a bourbon and sweatpants time."

On Driving Through West Hollywood, Where I Lived My First Year in L.A.
"There seem to be a lot of gay people there...Oh please, as if that's what I meant by that. Trust me, none of them would ever want to fuck you anyway. They're gay, not blind."

I didn't have any problem with the profanity at all and there are several profane remarks. If you're in the mood for a light comedy, then this book should come first on your reading list.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sh*t My Dad Says.