Hollowspine's Reviews > The Areas of My Expertise

The Areas of My Expertise by John Hodgman

2069761
Dec 05, 11

Read from November 14 to December 05, 2011

Of the many books of world knowledge I have read, The Areas of My Expertise was by far the most daring, truthful and also the only book of world knowledge that I have read. Many truths are unveiled, mysteries revealed and forgotten bits of knowledge brought once more into the light.

Some of the useful information, which I will no doubt be constantly referring, include, the phases of wolf-man transformation, hobo signs, and state mottos.

I have heard that some believe this book to be a hoax, or some sort of humorous joke. These people, no doubt, are working for those who wish that true world knowledge remain secret. Hodgman himself, may give this impression, and I believe wrote the book to reveal to his hobo comrades that the time to overthrow the government has come once again. This theory was confirmed to me when he signed my book at the Fitzgerald theatre and placed upon the title page the hobo sign signaling that very action.

I do not know if Hodgman mistakenly wrote the sign due to weariness or due to my name, Sharky Sharp-Tooth Woodwittler, thought that I was one of his hobo generals.

I would recommend this book for anyone who likes history, truth, and books of lists. Also hobos.

That is all.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Areas of My Expertise.