Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews:::'s Reviews > Fifty Shades Darker

Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James

Dec 21, 11

bookshelves: erotic-romance, fifty-shades-of-fuckd-up, kindy-ipad-ebook, kindle-lending-erotica, romance, tie-me-up-baby, sub-dom, backdoor-action
Recommended for: Fans of Erotica
Read from November 15 to December 02, 2011

This begins were Fifty Shades of Grey left off. Ana's decided that she can't take Fifty's debachery and has left him. Unfortunately, its left her bereft, misearble!

In my mind’s eye, I visualize Christian’s face the last time I saw him as I left his apartment. His tortured expression haunts me. I remember he didn’t want me to go, which was odd. Why would I stay when things had reached such an impasse? We were each skirting around our own issues—my fear of punishment, his fear of... what? Love?

In this addition to the trilogy we understand the method to Christian's madness. And we also see Christians willingness to try to have a "vanilla" relationship with Ana.

He wants the light, but can I ask him to do this for me? And don’t I like the dark? Some dark, sometimes. Memories of the Thomas Tallis night drift invitingly through my mind. “But what about punishments?” “No punishments.” He shakes his head. “None.”

But what I found frustrating was Christian and his smothering of Ana and of Ana not listening to Christian when all he wanted was her safety. Catch 22 and all that...lol!

But seriesouly, there was an intance in this story where Ana's boss was being entirely too toucy feely and down right rude to her and she thought she could handle it herself! I was like come on now...tell ur man! I think that E.L. James does a phenomenal job with feeling all that these characters feel. I felt as if I was there with them. I got to laugh and cry with Ana and Christian as well as fan myself cuz of the steamy scenes with these two. In addition to Christian and Ana trying to make their relationship work, one of Christian's submissive has gone rogue and is a threat to Ana. Once they finally find her, Fifty has to use his Dom skills to bring the girl back to reality and its just too much for Ana. She keeps doubting herself and thinks that she's not what Christian needs....which is really sad when you think about it cuz Christian needs Ana more than she knows. When Ana tries to leave....

“You can’t go. Ana, I love you!”
“I love you, too, Christian, it’s just—”
“No... no!” he says in desperation and puts both hands on his head. “Christian...”
“No,” he breathes, his eyes wide with panic, and suddenly he drops to his knees in front of me, head bowed, long-fingered hands spread out on his thighs. He takes a deep breath and doesn’t move.
What? “Christian, what are you doing?” He continues to stare down, not looking at me.
“Christian!What are you doing?” My voice is high-pitched. He doesn’t move.
“Christian, look at me!” I command in panic. His head sweeps up without hesitation, and he regards me passively with his cool gray gaze—he’s almost serene... expectant.
Fuck... Christian. The submissive.

There are so many heart wrenching moments in this book, you'll just have to read to experience. And also that dreaded meeting with the woman that got Fifty started in BDSM. I think this series is something you'll either love or hate. Im definitely one of those who falls in the love category. Definitely a great read and Im dying to get the final book in this trilogy to see where James takes us next in the intriguing world of Ana and Fifty!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Darker.

11/15/2011
21.0% "Its almost 2am and Im still reading....what does that say??" 3 comments
11/16/2011
70.0% "How many times did he tell her to use her blackberry???"
11/16/2011
98.0% "Beeyotch!!!"

Comments (showing 1-15)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 15: by riN (new) - rated it 5 stars

riN Last night (or rather last morning) at 1am i was still reading the first one! I was so tired after my day at work but it was so good i couldn't put it down. It a very enticing serie ;)

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: Yes it is!!! I feel another all nighter coming on for this one.....

Ollie Well V when I said you are going to love it was I right or what! What a F**KING AMAZING SERIES! Don't you love Christian! :D

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: Love me some Fifty!! I shoulda known I would love it if you did! It is an amazing series....

Samina ~ Escapism~ I fell in love with this Mrs.V

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: me too!! Im glad!! Cant wait to read the last one! that bitch Mrs Robinson is something else huh??

Ollie OMG V I love your review! Just reading that passage when he dropped down and became submissive just breaks my heart everytime and I feel I'm reliving the scene all over again
GOD I LOVE THIS SERIES!

MISS VAIN Will I love this series?

Samina ~ Escapism~ Do you wanna read about a sexy hero with a painful past? About a heroine who is confused about her feeling regarding the above mentioned man? I you want hot sex scences and sweet, fuzzy feeling scenes? If yes , then this is the book for you Miss Vain.

Mrs.V I hate that bitch Mrs.Robinson.She should be punished.Hell, perhaps not as she may even like it.Sick woman.

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: Yes Vain you will love it...if not I will be surprised!

Emmy I usually only read books with some kind of paranormal aspect to them but LOVED this series! And yay for Fifty Shades Freed coming out next month!!!!

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: Me too! Thats why I put off reading it for a while!

MISS VAIN That's why I've put it off too,for the same reason LOL. However, when I saw that Mariya rated it 2 stars, I instantly knew I would LOVE it. HA!!!

Samina ~ Escapism~ LOL, that is fantastic Miss Vain.If Mariya hates it you will love it.I think in this case it is true.

MISS VAIN LOL, I'm surprised I haven't heard from Mariya on this! I expected her to pipe in on my comment.:)