Nicole's Reviews > Gold: The Extraordinary Side of Aging Revealed Through Inspiring Conversations

Gold by Harry J. Getzov

Dec 20, 11

Recommended to Nicole by: elaine bowman
Recommended for: alicia dunlap; jodi hart; emily bergquist
Read from November 14 to December 18, 2011

My friend shared this book with me because her Dad was interviewed in it. There ended up being several people from out area published in it.

Cleverly done and interesting to read! I learned so much from the interviews of the elderly in this book. I am actually incorporating many words of wisdom they shared into my own life. Many of those interviewed swear by yoga for a happy/healthy elderly life- have to get on that! One person mentioned how sad it is that the young don't take the time to listen to oral history from their elders, everyone's too busy- I am making sure I keep my family's scheduled activites to a minimum AND my husband & I took time to tell stories of our own pasts to our children by the fire. Our 5 year old LOVED it & requested to do it again- 2 year old not quite ready!

I would say that I have always been more in tune to the fact that "old" people are not all crazy & senile, but this book helped solidify that the elderly really do still have more to offer & we shouldn't just think they don't know what they're talking about.

Kudos to Getzov for getting this message out to the masses!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gold.

11/14/2011 page 21
6.0% "my friend Elaine loaned this to me, her deceased father & a teacher we used to work with's father have interviews in it. so cool!"
show 7 hidden updates…