Denae Christine's Reviews > Witches Incorporated

Nov 14, 2011

bookshelves: alternate-reality-fantasy, listened-to
Read in November, 2011

Needed more Gerald.
Melissande is interesting, but she gets too bossy and downright mean. I'd blame it on too much exposure to Reg, but she was that way before she met Reg. I guess I can blame it on Lional. Basically, the characters do a bit too much arguing with each other, and blaming each other, and not enough of being humble and saying thanks.
That said, I liked the way this book went, with the Rogue Agent job and idea. I wanted to wring the beaurocrats'/politicians' necks the whole way, but that's normal. I expect KM was trying for that. Really, though, Gerald could have done a few things a bit differently to try and placate them better.
I really like how scared everyone is by Gerald's powers, and I love the fact that the dampener prevents him from using his full potentia. What a great drawback in order to make the story interesting. I also liked his dealings with Errol.
I did not predict the end, who was responsible and why and how and et cetera. Yes, I had my theories, but I couldn't honestly lean toward one with assurance until the book characters found out the culprits. That surprise was a plus.
I can't say I like Bibbie much.

Paraphrased quotes:
"Out here, the squirrels outnumbered the humans 5 to 1." What a great way to say "rural."
"Could eyelashes ache?" A vivid way to describe how exhausted one is.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Witches Incorporated.