Jillian Roth's Reviews > Dash & Lily's Book of Dares

F_50x66
Nov 14, 11

bookshelves: fiction
Read in November, 2011

Dash and Lily find themselves alone for Christmas break. Dash told his mom he'd be spending the holidays with his dad, and vice versa. He likes being on his own, and despises the holiday spirit that has come over everyone. On the other hand, Lily feels abandoned. Her parents are spending Christmas in Fiji, and she is alone in her NYC apartment with her older brother. He is too occupied with his boyfriend to spend time with Lily, so she ends up with a lot of time on her hands.

Dash is spending time at The Strand, his favorite book store, when he comes across a red moleskin journal. He opens it and finds a note from Lily. If he chooses to follow a series of clues and dares, he will get to know this mystery lady. Throughout the Christmas season, the two teens send each other on fun but sometimes difficult wild goose chases. They tell each other their deepest fear and wildest dreams. Although they have not met, they find themselves feeling very close to each other.

I really enjoyed reading this book. From the first chapter, I was hooked. Everything Lily and Dash wrote to each other seemed so witty, and the whole premise was just a lot of fun. I liked reading Dash and Lily's observations about their city and their holiday predicament. Each chapter alternates between Lily and Dash's perspectives. I liked getting the inside scoop from both sides. I would certainly recommend this book to young adults. It would be a great read for teens home on winter break for the holidays!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dash & Lily's Book of Dares.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne Crotty Jillian I just watched your book trailer for this book..I was interested. After reading this review I ordered it. I looks like a fun read. One of my favorite parts of "jeremy FinK" was reading about the main characters racing around NYC...It sounds like this book has that fun fast paced element too. Thanks for making me order this book! A