Shannon's Reviews > The Primal Blueprint Cookbook

The Primal Blueprint Cookbook by Mark Sisson

F 50x66
Nov 14, 2011

Read in May, 2011

I've made about half of the recipes in this book and all have been delicious (even the Transylvania stockpot whose name was simply something handed down in the family who had created the recipe and has nothing to do with the dish). I love that he includes a recipe for making one's own deli style roast beef - it is so easy to do that you may never want to buy deli meat again. I wish he had included a recipe for beef jerky, which is similarly easy - however he has a great variety of meals in there.

Every recipe has a picture of the ingredients, a pic in process, and a picture of the final product. That is a nice touch.

There are a variety of recipes for breakfast beyond the usual variations on scrambled eggs, and that alone for me makes the book worth it. I like the section on primal comfort foods and on snacks. I do like that he covered some basics, such as making bacon or steak, because some people have never been taught the basics.

I wish he had included an index; it seems a glaring oversight. Also, I would like to see the prep time and cook time included in the serving information, as is usual for recipes. That too seems like a basic element that any editor should have ensured was included.

Beyond those two flaws, though, this is a solid resource for those following a primal template.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Primal Blueprint Cookbook.