Marley's Reviews > The Second Siege

The Second Siege by Henry H. Neff

F 50x66
Nov 14, 2011

The Second Siege starts off easy before launching its characters abruptly into a chaotic adventure that takes them into new and unfamiliar environments. Suffice to say, The Second Siege is significantly more action-packed than The Hound of Rowan. Without spoiling too much I will say that a good deal of world building is wrapped up in this book as readers are introduced to some of the various factions and powers working behind the scenes. Or, perhaps, not so much behind the scenes as they originally thought. Having read the next book I will say that this world building comes heavily into play later on and that The Second Siege sets things up wonderfully for things to come. Focusing on this book alone, however, Neff has written splendid character interactions that left this reader wanting more. Of particular note, though I happily admit to being biased, is the development of Agent William Cooper. He made a few appearances in the first book though they were, arguable, unimportant. Now in The Second Siege we come to realize exactly what kind of man he is as he grows to become an extremely important and likeable character. Overall I would say that if you in any way enjoyed The Hound of Rowan, then to pick this book up and give it a go.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Second Siege.