Gemma (Passion for Novels)'s Reviews > By the Light of the Silvery Moon

By the Light of the Silvery Moon by Tricia Goyer

Feb 07, 12

Read from November 24 to 26, 2011

like this review see more at http://passionfornovels.blogspot.com

I have to say I was looking forward to this arc so much I read it in November before I realised I couldn't publish my review until February! I love anything set around the time of the Titanic in general, I a bit of a sucker for a love story which I know may have a bad ending, I mean we all know it sinks right?

This novel comes with a lot of religious moments which didn't appeal to me as much, but as a person who isn't very religious it didn't go too far into the storyline so it is still suitable for most readers. The storyline is a great battle between the two brothers Quentin and Damian and their affections for Amelia, the main protagonist. It discusses the importance of deciding a suitable partner for yourself yet Amelia keeps wondering what God has in store for her which I thought was quite contradictory at times.

Amelia is always looking to help anyone she can and this is why Quentin is the brother she is immediately drawn to. At the beginning we are unaware that the two are brothers and in fact long lost, Quentin left home and never kept in touch due to an horrific accident in the past. I enjoyed the fact that the book did skip briefly to a different time period where Quentin and Damian were young, you really get a sense of why Quentin has struggled through life and why Damian feels the need to protect his father. You get lost in a lovely storyline which makes your heart glow.

In terms of history and the Titanic I think Goyer has done an amazing amount of research and it really pays of in the storyline. I really found that once I got into this book I really couldn't put it down and read it in two days. In the year of its 100th anniversary Tricia Goyer has done it proud as her setting for this truely heart-wrenching story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read By the Light of the Silvery Moon.

11/24/2011 page 32