Dustin Crazy little brown owl's Reviews > Hipster Puppies

Hipster Puppies by Christopher R. Weingarten

Jul 10, 2016

bookshelves: dogs, read-in-2011, tattoos, read-in-2014, bizarre, humor-me-and-tell-me-lies, worth-reading-again-and-again, read-in-2016, simplicity
Read on July 10, 2016 — I own a copy , read count: 3

This book features photos of dressed up dogs (and one cat that slipped in there)paired with captions that might describe someone you know. You will see lots of pups in glasses, hats, scarves and bandannas. You will see a smaller number of pups with shoes, sweaters, bags, headphones, alcohol, and books. You will see a small fraction of these photos featuring dogs on bikes and skateboards.

Here are some of my favorite parts from the book

From the Introduction aka A Special Message to the People of the Future!:

"Dogs were animals we had domesticated and kept as companions before the recession forced us to use them as food."

(view spoiler)

SPECIAL THANKS (at the end of the book)
"This hilarious impulse buy is dedicated to whatever friend or relative gifts it as a last-minute birthday present. My electricity bill is paid with your procrastination and thoughtlessness."
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hipster Puppies.

12/30/2014 marked as: currently-reading
12/31/2014 marked as: read
12/31/2014 marked as: humor-me-and-tell-me-lies
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Jan C (new)

Jan C Do all the puppies look as angry as the one on the cover? Those poor things.

Dustin Crazy little brown owl Some of them look cute :-)

message 3: by Jan C (new)

Jan C I just think it is cruel to dress them up. Generally, they usually throw things off as soon as they are put on them. When my brother's dog gets groomed they put ribbons in her hair. The first thing she does is shake them out.

Dustin Crazy little brown owl I have never been one to dress pets up either. I have a cat and a hedgehog. Some people like to dress up their hedgehogs and I think it is silly.

message 5: by Jan C (new)

Jan C I don't think I would want to see an angry hedgehog.

message 6: by Dustin Crazy little brown owl (last edited Jan 01, 2015 08:57AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dustin Crazy little brown owl Hedgehogs are often grumpy already. I don't dress up my hedgehog even though her name is "Prada". I like to let her just be her adorable natural self :-) and when she is happy & warm, I take advantage of it & get some fun pictures - no costumes needed.

message 7: by Jan C (new)

Jan C Is this a Colorado thing? My brother and his SO just bought a house in Cascade. I don't think their dog would appreciate a hedgehog.

Dustin Crazy little brown owl Hedgehogs are still considered exotic pets. There are lots of hedgehog breeders in Colorful Colorado. The important thing is to keep the hedgehogs warm in the Winter. My cat & hedge get along great. Hedgies have poor eyesight and rely a lot on smell. Since Prada is familiar with the scent of my cat Indie, I will often put Prada on the back of Indie for a bit and she will calm right down.