Bells's Reviews > Deep Dark Secret

Deep Dark Secret by Sierra Dean

Mar 10, 2012

Read on November 23, 2011

Secret McQueen has really got her work cut out for her in the third installment of this exciting series. She's got a new job as one of the Tribunal Leaders and is having trouble adjusting to having power. She's also in love and dating 2 different men. Yup you read that right. She has bonded to both Lucas and Desmond who are werewolves and who both love Secret. Her friend and fellow vampire Holden also has feelings for her and there is definitely some tension between the two of them as Holden lets Secret know that he wants her. Put this all together and Sierra Dean always gives her readers entertaining and interesting stories! In book 3 of the series, Secret must investigate the disappearance of college student and as always she's got her hands full trying to figure out exactly what happens. There were some moments in this book that made me worry for Secret because Sierra Dean always manages to find other supernatural beings that have some type of power that Secret has to go against. But Secret is one tough heroine to beat and always manages to find a way to defeat them.

Secret has a complex relationship with all of the males in her life and each one is different and unique. She shares something different with each one of them and with that we get to see a different side of Secret. Her oldest friend and biggest supporter Holden (whom I absolutely love) seems to be the one she can always rely on. I love when the two of them team up together, especially now since there is this underlying tension between the two of them that hasn't been resolved yet. Holden cares for her deeply and while he didn't make his feeling known for a long time, he doesn't want to lose her and feels as if he's the better man for her. He also think that because he's a vamp that he's better for her as well as apposed to Lucas and Desmond who are weres. Her relationship with Lucas is probably the one that is the most difficult because of his position with his pack. They both have to show that their bond to one another is the real thing in this book because of the unrest in the were population. The pack is relying on Secret to stand next to her mate during this time and Lucas will do what he must in order to make this happen. Last but not least is Desmond who truly has Secret's heart. She finds comfort and stability with him and it'll be interesting to see what happens to their relationship after what happens in this book. It may seem that Secret is very lucky to be surrounded by men that care about her so, but at the same time she's going to have to make a very difficult decision in the future I'm sure.

To put it simply, Sierra Dean's books are fun. They are very entertaining and I find myself unable to stop reading until I get to the very end. I find myself looking forward to the next one the minute I'm done reading and love the direction in which the series is going. At the heart of it all is Secret who in my opinion whose character is very well written. She's hard working and loyal to those who rely on her and I can't wait to see what comes her way next because if there is one character that can handle it, it's Secret.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deep Dark Secret.

46.0% "Feta-scented. LOL!"
11/23/2011
100.0% "Secret has become one of my favorite book heroines!"