Michelle 's Reviews > Frost

Nov 14, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: own, review-on-blog
Read in October, 2012

I really loved the first book in this series, Stork. So I was super excited about Frost. Frost didn't let me down at all but it didn't meet the very high bar that Stork set for me. I just didn't enjoy it as the first book. My favorite part of Frost and Stork are the legends and myths that are worked into the storyline. It really adds something special to the books.

Kat is just as awesome as she was in the first book. I love how confident she seems to be in trusting her intuition and following her gut. It really seems like she is growing into herself as a stork. I really felt for her for pretty much this whole book. It just seems like it stunk to be her. Jack was being so standoffish for so much of the story and it really bugged me. Once I figured out what was going on (even though I had an inkling early on) I accepted the reason why and I guess that excuses him but I still wanted to see him do more. I thought he was kind of a jerk up until the end of the greenland trip and then even after he didn't do much to make it up to Kat. I just wanted to see some more of the Jack that I saw and loved in Stork.

The best part about Frost was the story of the Snow Queen. I thought it was super interesting and I loved seeing all the icelandic legends. If you enjoy mythology or legends, especially norse ones you should check out the Stork trilogy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frost.

10/04/2016 marked as: read