Megan's Reviews > Nights in Rodanthe

Jun 05, 2008

bookshelves: book-club
Recommended for: women
Read in June, 2008

Nicholas Sparks is such a wonderful story teller. I started this book last night at 3 AM when I couldn't sleep, and less than 24 hours later I was finished. I couldn't put it down!

The sweet, secret romance that took place between Adrienne and Paul was so romantic. Just about every woman dreams of the whirlwind romance that is portrayed in the novel.

That said, I felt this was more like a short-story than a novel. It was over too quickly, and I felt that there could have been more to the romance and more to the overall storyline that would solidify the novel. Additionally, I wanted to know more about the relationship between Jean and Adrienne, and was dying for the "girl talk" that I was thinking would normally take place in the setting Adrienne was in.

I did, however, like the way the novel was a story within a story as Adrienne shared her past with her daughter, Amanda. It was the perfect setting for the story to play out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nights in Rodanthe.

message 1: by Kellimae (new) - added it

Kellimae Polston Compare and contrast the main characters in the book, Nights in Rodanthe? Please