Kristin 's Reviews > Defying Pack Law

Defying Pack Law by Eve Langlais

Nov 14, 2011

bookshelves: 2012, erotica
Read on June 26, 2012

I enjoyed this story quite a bit. Pack law states that a female must take multiple males in order to help the were population but that is not something that Dana is interested in. She is a very strong character and is unwilling to bend to the law on this one. Except when she meets up with her childhood lover, Nathan and his two friends, she is starting to find that a polygamous relationship might not be so bad.

I liked the characters in this story. Dana, is confused because she never wanted anyone other than Nathan but is finding herself quite okay with multiple guys at once. Nathan, who was once okay with sharing Dana, is now not so fond of the idea. John, is the sensitive type and knows how to act around Dana to calm her down. The only character I didn't really care for was the ladies man, Kody. He reminded me of the one guy in the bar using every cheesy pick up line known to man in hopes of snagging himself a girl. If you take Kody out of the equation, it would be perfect. However, that is just my personal opinion. Even though his one liners were eye roll worthy, he did add some comical relief to the story. Everyone is so tense over the situation of Dana going from "No way in hell am I sleeping with more than one guy!" to "I'll take him, and him, oh and Mr. McDreamy too!" but he just sort of goes with the flow.

I thought the story flowed well and considering it is a shifter book, who's to say that the mate connection doesn't change the game when it comes to what you think you want? I look forward to reading more from this author.

Favorite quote...
"Menacing threats and intimidation were never as effective among men when naked with their pricks swinging about."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Defying Pack Law.